Welcome to our exclusive village tour, where you’ll indulge in the true essence of Crete, away from the crowds and at your own pace. Our expert driver will take you on a journey through the heart of the island, where you’ll discover the warm hospitality, beautiful landscapes, wild nature, rich history, myths, deep cultural traditions, and exquisite tastes that make Crete a unique and popular destination among travelers.
We’ll begin our journey by visiting the Aptera Fortress, where you can enjoy the stunning views of Souda Bay and Apokoronas Valley. It’s the perfect spot to take some amazing photos and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the island.
Next, we’ll head to an olive oil mill for a tour and olive tasting. Here, you’ll learn about the production process of this precious liquid gold and sample the delicious varieties of olive oil made with pure ingredients.
Then, we’ll venture into the Folklore Museum of Gavalochori, a treasure trove of local culture. Explore everyday artifacts reflecting the charming Cretan way of life. Afterward, enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee at a cozy traditional spot, a perfect chance to relax and mingle with locals.
Our journey continues to the peaceful Monastery of Saint Georgios, a serene place rich in history and spirituality. Take a moment to admire the stunning architecture and learn about the monastery’s past.
Next stop – a local winery! Taste some of Crete’s finest wines, learn about grape varieties and winemaking, and indulge in rich flavors. Cap it off with a leisurely lunch in the charming surroundings, immersing yourself in the local atmosphere
This experience will leave you with unforgettable memories of Crete. Don’t miss out – click now to book your journey through the heart of the island and let the holiday vibes begin!!
- Transportation to and from your accommodation.
* In the case that your accommodation is in the pedestrian zone of the old Venetian harbor, we’ll meet you at the nearest accessible location for our vehicle.
- Aptera Fortress
- Olive oil mill
- Folklore Museum of Gavalochori
- Traditional coffee shop
- Monastery of Saint Georgios
- Local winery
ALL INCLUSIVE PRIVATE TOUR INCLUDES
- Professional driver
- Transportation to and from your accommodation in a non-shared air-conditioned vehicle
- Cold bottled water and a refreshment
- Local treats throughout the day
- Olive oil mill tour and oil tasting
- Museum Entrance
- Monastery Entrance
- Coffee or Mountain Tea at a traditional coffee shop
- Wine tasting at a local winery
- Traditional Lunch at the winery
- Free Wifi on the vehicle
- USB charging ports on the vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
*If you’re not interested in visiting a local winery for wine tasting and lunch, don’t worry. You can still enjoy our lunch in the charming village square.
*Private tours can be modified to your specific needs and desires.
Note: Changes to these itineraries may result in a price increase.
*The pickup and dropoff is included within 20km of Chania city center. Pickup and dropoff outside of this zone until the Rethymno city center will incur an additional surcharge.